Lap Band Office Fills
There is very little written about Lap Band Office Fills.
We assume the Office Fill is the proper, only and better way to have the Lap Band adjusted but is mistaken to think this way.
The purpose of this article is to increase your knowledge on how to take the right care of your Lap Band and how to have the Lap Band lasting for years away from problems.
Your Lap Band fills are the Most Important Partof the Follow Up Care you need to Succeed in your Weight Loss Journey.
Facts about Lap Band Office Fills:
- It is a fast profitable growing medical business as the Lap Band population increases in number
- It is very rare when the Bariatric Surgeon is involved with the lap band fills ( you don’t see him at all)
- The Office Fills are cheap for most of the patients
- No need of Doctor’s infrastructure or new office investment to have a place where to do it
- It is easy done at the Doctor’s office with little material needed
- The Nurse is often in charged for doing the fills for patients
- There is a learning curve to adjust the band properly not only knowing on how technically do the fill but also in listening to the patient eating behavior to do the right fill
- The fill could go to the fat instead into the port and the need to return for another fill is frequently seen
- You can get a leak from the hose because needle puncture or penetration due to multiple intents to reach the port’s target area is common among starters
- The Doctor will never know your lap band status with Office Fills
- The Doctor can’t detect early avoidable complications
- You can’t be check for already installed complications
- You have the benefit of not been radiated
Arturo Rodríguez, MD